My Approach, Qualifications and Experience
I offer a confidential service, using an integrated approach based upon the different areas of my training and experience for the benefit of YOU as an INDIVIDUAL...meeting your needs. I am extensively trained in The Person Centred approach to Counselling and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. My philosophy is that no one therapy suits all, so I therefore draw on all my knowledge and experience and with your feedback introduce a unique therapy package to suit YOU as the UNIQUE person that you are.
My training includes ;
An Advanced Diploma in Counselling
A Diploma in C.B.T
A Diploma in Tutor Skills
A Diploma in Supervision
A Diploma in Hypnotherapy
A Diploma in Mindfulness based C.B.T
I have qualified and had experience working with ;
The Rewind Technique and Fast Phobia Cure
Guided Imagery & Relaxation Work
Brief Focus Therapy
Working with individuals with Drug and Alcohol dependency
St Barnabas Hospice with Dr Linda Machin 'Working with Loss & Grief'
Certificate in Counselling Adult Survivors of Abuse
My Work experience includes ;
- I have many years of experience as a Trainer for a specialist independent Lincoln based college, training Counsellor's to a Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Counselling, and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- My own Private Practice in Lincoln specialising in Counselling , CBT, Hypnotherapy, Mindfulness & Trauma/Rewind Technique.
- Clinical Supervision of Counsellor's and Supervisor of Teaching professionals.
- Therapist with Listening Ears Bereavement & Loss Centre
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapist, Addaction. Lincolnshire.
My experience has allowed me to work with all kinds of people of different ages, different sexes and from different backgounds, experiencing a whole range of personal problems.
I have over 16years experience as a Counsellor & 5years of employment as a trainer at Lindum College.
I am now a trainer of Counsellors at The Ridgeway College, Lincoln.
I AM A REGISTERED MEMBER OF THE BRITISH ASSOCIATION FOR COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY (BACP)AND AS SUCH I AM BOUND BY ITS ETHICAL FRAMEWORK FOR GOOD PRACTISE IN COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY AND SUBJECT TO THE PROFFESSIONAL CONDUCT PROCEDURE THEREIN. I ALSO ADHERE TO THEIR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR REGULAR CLINICAL SUPERVISION AND CONTINOUS PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT.